American Chess Magazine #11 contnents
- GM Hikaru Nakamura wins the title after a last round win-on-demand
NAKAMURA’S PHOTO FINISH: A GREAT COMEBACK BY A GREAT MASTER!
GM Michael Rohde, GM Jeffery Xiong
- When needing a massive score, opening choices matter a lot – particularly with the black pieces!
GM Alex Ipatov
- The best practical way to learn and improve is by facing a strong opponent in an over-the-board game
YOUTH VS. EXPERIENCE
GM Jeffery Xiong
- Xiong, Sevian and Liang under the scope of the National team’s coach: HOW DID THE JUNIORS PERFORM IN SAINT LOUIS? GM Alex Lenderman, GM Sam Sevian,, GM Jeffery Xiong
- 17-year-old Jennifer Yu wins her first title 2½ points ahead of the field!
LADY WITH A TORCH
WGM Jennifer Yu
- Overview of the individual performances at the 2019 U.S. Women’s Championship: A WORD FROM THE CAPTAIN GM Melikset Khachiyan
- READERS’ VOICES
Your views on Jennifer Yu’s convincing performance at the 2019 U.S. Women’s Championship
- Fabulous finishes: QUEEN AND PAWN VS. QUEEN
By Pete Tamburro
- Musings of an American Grandmaster AMERICAN CHESS IN THE MELTING POT
GM Joel Benjamin
- FIDE World Team Championships – Bright future for U.S. Juniors: BRONZE FOR SAM SEVIAN
- READERS VOICES: Fischer Random – should it be treated equally with traditional chess?
- GM Jacob Aagaard invites you to his master class: ALL-ROUND TRAINING
- World champion Magnus Carlsen wins Gashimov Memorial in style – two points ahead of the field!
IN A LEAGUE OF HIS OWN
GM John Burke
- SECRETS OF SAME-COLOR BISHOP ENDINGS
GM Alex Fishbein
- The Nashville Chess Center has been nurturing youngsters’ love of chess since 1995
PLAY CHESS AND EARN AN ICE-CREAM… OR EVEN BETTER – MAKE FRIENDS!
BEAUTIES OF UNDERPROMOTION
IM Boroljub Zlatanovic
The American Civil War
AN ELEGANT GAME
A dying southern diarist and a fascination with chess
Theodore P. Savas
- Chess tech
50 IS THE NEW 40
- Carsten Hansen reviews his top ten titles
FRESH LEAVES FROM THE BOOKSHELF
FM Carsten Hansen
- Results from near and far...
- Where Grandmasters advise young players
GM SUSAN POLGAR
American chess magazine #11
Depends of province in Canada, around 10-20CAD, during 2-7 days.